Thursday, July 08, 2010

22 Questions to ask yourself

More than 200 years ago, John Wesley's Holy Club used this list of 22
Questions to challenge themselves each day in their private
devotions. Here is the list:

1. Am I a hypocrite?
2. Am I honest in my acts and words or do I exaggerate?
3. Do I pass on what was told to me in confidence?
4. Can I be trusted?
5. Am I a slave to dress, friends, work, or habit?
6. Am I self conscious, self pitying, or self justifying?
7. Did the Bible live in me today?
8. Do I give time to speak to me everyday?
9. Am I enjoying prayer?
10. When did I last speak to someone about my faith?
11. Do I pray about the money I spend?
12. Do I get to bed on time and get up on time?
13. Do I disobey God in anything?
14. Do I insist on doing something on which my conscience is uneasy?
15. Am I defeated in any part of my life?
16. Am I jealous, impure, touchy, or distrustful?
17. How do I spend my spare time?
18. Am I proud?
19. Do I thank God that I am not as other people (like the Pharisees)?
20. Is there anyone I fear, or dislike, or criticize or resent? If
so, what am I doing about it?
21. Do I grumble and complain constantly?
22. Is Christ real to me?

No comments: