Thursday, November 24, 2011
Smile FM is turning 15, we're having a party and your invited!
But YOU don't have to bring a gift, we'll give out the gifts to reward you for listening to Smile FM and telling your friends about us!
On Friday, December 2nd we'll be giving away:
15 - 15 CD Bricks featuring all of your favorite Smile FM artists
15 - Smile FM gift packs including t-shirts, tumblers & other Smile goodies.
The Grand Prize: Trip for 2 to Sunny Orlando, Florida in January 7 to 14, 2012. A stay at a Gold Crown Resort in Kissimee, 2 Bedrooms, full kitchen, heated pools. Plus we'll treat you to VIP passes to Winter Jam in Orlando or Jacksonville and a Day at Disneyworld (courtesy of Z 88.3 in Orlando).
Congrats to Julia Fults our Grand Prize Winner.
Complete winners list coming shortly!
Plus kids 15 and under can send us a special handmade birthday card and we will send them a special Smile gift back in the mail. Send your card to Smile FM, PO Box 388, Williamston, MI 48895 and have it postmarked by December 2nd. Parents please make sure it clearly includes your child's name, age and return address and your e-mail address. We may also feature it on our website!
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
What do you think? Something to print out and post on your refrigerator, or table?
____________________ (hereinafter referred to as .Guest.) has been given permission to eat at the table of
_____________________ (hereinafter referred to as .Host.).
Guest acknowledges and understands that no warranty, either expressed or implied, is made by Host as to the
nutritional content of the meal. This document is offered in order to duly warn Guest that dangerous conditions,
risks, and hazards may lurk in the turkey, stuffing, vegetables, cranberry sauce, fixings, drinks, desserts, appetizers,
and any or all other comestibles that may be served.
Guest is hereby informed that Host.s food may contain any of the following: calories, carbohydrates, sodium (salt),
fat, saturated fat, trans fat, polyunsaturated fat, monounsaturated fat, peanuts, sugar, alcohol, tryptophan, caffeine,
and good cheer.
Guest acknowledges that eating may incur risks including, but not limited to, satiation, indigestion, heart burn,
dizziness, laziness, heart disease, holiday spirit, .food coma,. and .that bloated feeling.. Host.s meal includes any
and all items served, including those brought by other Guests (including .Grandma.).
If Guest has brought minors to Host.s Thanksgiving table, Guest assumes responsibility for monitoring said
minors. eating habits and guarding against any and all attendant hazards at all times.
In consideration of being allowed by host to enjoy a Thanksgiving meal, Guest hereby indemnifies Host from all
liability for personal injury suffered by Guest . which may be directly or proximately caused, in whole or in part,
by any element of Host.s meal. Guest agrees that neither he/she, nor his/her assigns, agents, or personal representatives
in law or in fact will sue Host or his/her associates for any injury that Guest suffers, in whole or in part, from
consuming food on Host.s premises. This indemnification includes an agreement not to haul Host into court on the
1. Failure to provide nutritional information;
2. Failure to warn of potential for overeating because food tastes too good and is provided at no cost;
3. Failure to offer .healthier alternatives. or vegetarian .tofurkey.;
4. Failure to provide information about other venues serving alternative, .healthier. Thanksgiving meals;
5. Failure to warn that dark meat contains more fat than white meat; and
6. Failure to warn that eating may lead to obesity.
GUEST INDEMNIFIES AND RELEASES OWNER FROM ANYAND ALL LIABILITY.
GUEST HAS READ THIS DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTANDS IT. HE/SHE IS SIGNING IT FREELYAND
VOLUNTARILYAND WITHOUT DURESS, AND AGREES NOT TO APPEAR AS A WITNESS IN SUPPORT
OF JOHN .SUE THE BASTARDS. BANZHAF, ESQ., OR ANY OTHER PERSONS WITH LAWDEGREES
WHO CANNOT OTHERWISE FIND MEANINGFUL EMPLOYMENT, ATANY TIME IN THE FUTURE.
PThanksgiving Guest Liability and Indemnification Agreement
Agreed to by ________________________________________________________ Signature Date ___________
Monday, November 21, 2011
I’ve seen a few lists of these in the past, that are lame, but these are really funny! What do you think? Single guys/ girls? The top pick-up lines for Christian singles….
1. I would part the Red Sea for you.”.
2. “What’re you doing for the rest of your afterlife?” .
3. “Did you say your name was Esther? Oh, I guess I just think you were chosen for such a time as this.”
4. “Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?”
5. “10% of me is 100% certain that I can give you 10% of my heart forever.” (This is to be used only during tithe and offering time and is so confusing it just may work.)
6. “Let’s be like Noah and do this as a pair.”
7. “You must be Egyptian because I’m a slave for you.”
8. “You and me, we’re like loaves and fishes…we just might be a miracle.”
9. “Do you want to be accountability partners?”
10. “On first dates, I always take girls to get BBQ ribs. It feels the most biblical considering they came from one.”
11. “I know you’ve already said no once, but call me Joshua because I’m going to break down your walls.”
12. “I’m no Joseph, but I’m having trouble interpreting the dreams I’ve been having about you.”
13. “I don’t know if you noticed but, when you walked into the room, that was me giving up a clap offering.”
14. “I may not have a job right now, and I may live in my parent’s basement, but I swear to you I’m storing up treasure in heaven and my mansion is gonna rock.”
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
The Midland Santa Holiday Parade is gearing up the the 2011 parade! Parade begins from Midland High School:November 19, 10:00 a.m
(folks can get a jump on their holiday shopping by stopping by the Smile table and purchasing some Smile Swag :) too)
Then catch us at:
Comedy Night with Jeff Allen
Saturday 11/19/2011 7 PM
Christian comedian, Jeff Allen will be performing at Brighton Nazarene Church. This is a family friendly event and all seats are general admission so arrive early. Doors open at 6pm. Advance tickets are now on sale for $18. There is also a $1.50 convenience fee for each advance ticket. Tickets can be purchased at the LCS office or online through our web link below.
7669 Brighton Rd., Brighton, MI 48116 (Map)
Wednesday, November 09, 2011
Thursday night at 7 PM
TIM HAWKINS - LIVE IN CONCERT
Stewart Road Church of God
Location: 1199 Stewart Road, Monroe, MI (Map)
Friday Night @ Ford Field in Downtown Detroit (the event is 24 hours, Sara will just be there on Friday night)
THE CALL 11/11/11 - Prayer Rally
Friday 11/11/2011 5 PM Length: 24 Hours
On November 11–12, 2011, thousands from across America will gather to Detroit to fast, pray and cry out to God. We will gather to this city that has become a microcosm of our national crisis—economic collapse, racial tension, and the shedding of innocent blood of our children in the streets and of our unborn. But the place where they say there is no hope, God has chosen as His staging ground for a great communal healing and His house of prayer for all nations. Therefore, we are calling the nation to a 24-hour solemn assembly, daring to believe that Detroit’s desperation can produce a prayer that can change a nation. Come and take your place on the wall in Detroit, where we will ask God to send fire on our hearts, to forgive our national guilt and establish justice in our land
Ford Field, DETROIT, MI (Map)
Saturday Night - 7 PM
TIM HAWKINS - LIVE IN CONCERT
Mt. Zion Church. 4900 Maybee Road, Clarkston, MI
Be sure to stop by the Smile FM table and say "HI" if you're coming to one of the events this weekend!
Friday, November 04, 2011
Tickets are still available for purchase.
Be listening this Friday, Saturday & Sunday for your chance to score tickets to see Tim Hawkins in Monroe on November 10th or Clarkston on November 12th.